Banana Bread! Easy to make, and even easier to make Vegan. This recipe is super simple, and I try to make it a bit healthier too, even though it’s really more of a dessert. :) I like to make it with coconut oil and coconut sugar (rather than just generic brown sugar) for a healthier option. Don’t skip on the Cinnamon either, as that really makes the recipe. And Walnuts are my add-in of choice too, though any add-ins are totally optional.
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 heaping teaspoons baking powder or 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried fruit or nuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F or 200° C.
- Peel and mash the bananas with a fork or pastry blender. Thoroughly mix with coconut oil and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder (or baking soda), and cinnamon, and any optional ingredients, mixing well.
- Baking options:
- Lightly grease a bread loaf pan with coconut oil, and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Check to see if it is beginning to brown, and if so, cover with foil. Bake for another 30-40 minutes. This makes for a taller banana bread loaf that takes a good bit longer to bake.
- Or, lightly grease a 9×9 inch pan with coconut oil, and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until top is brown. This makes for a shorter banana bread that bakes faster (pictured above).
- Allow to cool a little before slicing. It’s especially delicious when eaten while still warm and freshly baked!